Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nothing Better Than Soup...

Or Homemade Fresh French Bread when you're sick. Well, actually we have been able to fight it off so far (knock on wood), with the help of Zicam, orange juice, and bananas; but Taylor wasn't so lucky. And, having a sick 6 month old who won't sleep is more than enough to crave comfort food. This bread is my new favorite. So good. So good. Did I already say that? http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/French-Baguettes/Detail.aspx
So, here's our soup. It was sure good! I sauteed up some carrots and celery in butter. You can never go wrong with butter. Then added 6 C chicken broth, 2 C water, 2 C cooked shredded chicken...I love my FoodSaver. (I had frozen some shredded chicken last time I roasted a whole bird.) And, finally some egg noodles. Oh, and some parsley, sage, rosemary, and marjoram. You were waiting for me to say thyme, weren't you??? And, served with the delicious crusty french bread, it was the perfect meal for a sick, rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment