Monday, February 23, 2009

Steak Vegetable Soup

I'm not sure why I didn't love this soup...I like everything I put in there! Steak, Carrots, Celery, Zucchini, Spinach, Potatoes, Rice, and Garlic...Parsley, Basil, Salt, Pepper and of course Red Wine...It just turned out a little bland. I really don't know what I did wrong. On the other end of this meal, a Bread Tragedy occurred and I can't put my finger on it...I took one of my loaves out of the freezer and defrosted it like normal, but it soon developed an "off" smell and a strange freakish crust appeared. Baking it only made it worse. The color was different and it remained raw on the inside while burning on the outside. Weird. I made Garlic Toast instead. Not Italian Bread, but at least it fulfilled my Carb Requirement for the meal.
As with most soups, this one improved with age. This was the second night of the soup, and even the picture looks better. I made some French Bread, covered it with EVOO and sprinkled some parsley, basil, and garlic powder on it. So yummy. Is it wrong that we ate the entire loaf in 10 minutes? I didn't think so either.

No comments:

Post a Comment