Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sloppy Joe Night!

Remember that French Baguette recipe I fell in love with a couple weeks ago? Well, turns out they make AWESOME french rolls too! Before I baked the rolls, I topped them with olive oil, garlic powder, basil, and parsley, then baked them at 375 about 12-14 minutes. They were the perfect shape, size, and consistency to hold our Sloppy Joes...Firm and held their shape, but soft and chewy when eaten. Mmmm mmmmm mmmm! Speaking of the Sloppy Joes, they were pretty awesome too...http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sloppy-Joes-II/Detail.aspx...I only had spicy brown mustard, which was a little strong, so I might decrease that amount next time. Otherwise, served with the warm Spiced, Sliced Apples, and Roasted Potato and Carrot slices, it was a perfect meal. I can't wait to enjoy the leftovers for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment